we know you've worked hard to make your house a home. In fact, your home probably represents a large share of your financial wealth. To protect your investment, you want dependable homeowners insurance protection at the best possible value.
Homeownership comes with many responsibilities and expenses. Homeowners Insurance is one expense that is just as necessary as taxes, repairs and the cost of general upkeep. The cost for your homeowners insurance will vary according to your home's features and location. But there are things you can do to help save money while receiving the added benefit of improving your home's safety features.
Save Money by Reducing the Cost of Your Homeowners Insurance!
- Increase your deductible
- By taking on more risk yourself through a higher deductible, you can reduce the amount of premium you pay.
- Buy it together
- Buying both your auto and homeowners coverage from California Canyon Insurance can qualify you for a multi-policy discount.
- Disaster-proof your home
- Take the necessary precautions to protect your home against the serious acts of nature in your area, such as tornados, hurricanes or earthquakes.
- Buildings only
- Any land or property that belongs with your home should not be included when assessing your home's value and the amount of insurance needed.
- You should insure nothing more than the full cost to rebuild your home.
- Add safety features
- Smoke detectors, burglar alarms and deadbolt locks can save lives. They can also save you premium dollars.
- Sprinkler systems and high-end security systems can save you even more.
- Appraise your possessions
- Make sure your coverage amounts are a true reflection of the worth of your valuables by having them regularly appraised.
- Don't get comfortable
- When performing your own annual financial review, remember to examine whether your current coverage is up to date.
- Your agent will be glad to help you with this process.
- Buy wisely
- If you are in the market for a new home, consider a house's features and how they may affect your insurance costs.
- Homes with newer plumbing, electrical and heating systems can help you save money.
- Being in a community with a professional fire department or being close to a fire hydrant could also mean you'll pay less.
- Flexible, affordable homeowners insurance coverage options to meet your needs
- A large range of cost-saving discounts and credits
- A number of flexible payment options to fit your lifestyle